Hyoscyamus desertorum seed packet giveaway

Marketplace for Seeds, Plants, Cuttings, Tools, etc.

Hyoscyamus desertorum seed packet giveaway

Postby Solanaceae » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:25 am

Hi folks. I have 10 packets of the relatively rare Hyoscyamus desertorum to give away to the first 10 responders. The seeds were wild-collected in the Israel Negev in 2008 and are viable. Germination occurs in about two weeks, or 4-5 days with GA-3 pretreatment. Let me know if you want your seeds treated.

This is an insanely high tropane alkaloid bearing species, handle with care. Their visual impact is all about danger, 'stay away'. One tiny errant wind-blown seed can painfully dialate your eye for days. If you are successful in cultivating this outside of your decidely non-Negev locale, keep your favorite humans and pets away. Seed packets contain ~90% pure Negev sand to seed ratio. Cultivation requires a sandy quick draining soil, keep moist while establishing seedlings then cut back moisture, but don't keep them as dry as their native desert conditions.

Solanaceae

Re: Hyoscyamus desertorum seed packet giveaway

Postby qeslagh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:12 am

Hi there - I would be very keen to receive some seeds of this species - I have been able to get hold of Hyoscyamus niger here in Australia but would definitely be keen to have some of the more uncommon varieties. PM me, or you can email me at qeslagh at hotmailcom, with the dot in the usual place. Thank you kindly!

(By the way, I don't know if you are the same "Solanaceae" who used to post on the Shroomery board. I sent a message to someone with the same username on that board earlier on today, but wasn't sure it would be received because it didn't seem like that person had been active there in some years. Was that you?)

qeslagh

Re: Hyoscyamus desertorum seed packet giveaway

Postby uzadael » Fri May 24, 2013 1:07 pm

I WOULD LOVE SOME OF THESE SEED!
i am sure that they are probably gone by now....

thanks

uzadael

Return to Nursery